[Rhodes22-list] Pop Top Lock

Philip Gauthier gauthi06 at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 4 12:30:16 EDT 2012

    When I first got Raven I too found that it was too easy to lift the pop top and open the slider. It originally just hadflat trim on the top and the space between the trim and hatch was barely enough to catch the lock pin and very little upward force was required to enable the lock pin to clear the pop top lock shoulder. I made new pieces of teak that form over the edge of the pop top so it is difficult to twist the trim to enable the lock pin to clear the lock shoulder. I've attached a pic showing the nylon insert I put into it which enabled me to "fit" the clearance between the trim and slider very close. The pic was in the fitting stage so the wood finish etc is not cleaned up yet. Now it would take a LOT of force to enable the lock pin to clear the shoulder.

Phil
Raven