[Rhodes22-list] I'm Wet! (no sex)

Dennis McNeely mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Sat Jul 7 10:17:07 EDT 2012

Apparently the foam under the cockpit may or may not seal the lazarette from
the bilge.

Rainwater gets into our boat if the small seat drains are obstructed in any
way. Even if the drains are clear, they can't keep up with a prolonged
downpour, and water backs up over the lip at the lazarette hatch. That water
will appear in the bilge on Magic Moments within minutes if the boat is
level. It hasn't been a huge concern, but this year I'll be flattening a 4"
section of the lip between the lazarette and the cabin floor to allow water
to run off to the floor drain.

Dennis
s/v Magic Moments ('87 Rhodes 22)

-> original message snipped for your reading pleasure :)

  > In a message dated 7/5/2012 8:03:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
  > jjcampjr at yahoo.com writes:
  >
  > Here, on the Bohemia River (Upper Chesapeake) we had a big
  > (big) blow last week. Some of the middle east coast is still out of
power.
  > Well, I rowed out to my boat on its mooring yesterday and noticed a list
  > starboard and bow down a bit. The big blow had apparently blown up the
lid to
  > my lazarette. Three and one half inches of rain went into the opened
hatch