[Rhodes22-list] I'm Wet! (no sex)

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 12:17:27 EDT 2012

Dennis:

     I may have experienced the same situation. In some downpours, my seat drains have become overwhelmed, and water has spilled into the laz... but not made it to the bilge.  In THIS event, articles in my cabinet were soaked, and the water had not risen to that level.  That's why I think that at least some of the water came from the starboard ports, ran down the interior wall of the hull, soaked my articles in the cabinet then went (based on the irreversible laws of physics) to the bilge.

     Rummy doesn't believe that so much water could come in through the ports, and he may be right given his long experience with the boat's design; but I think that at least some did.  This was, after all, a unique weather event, and the physical evidence points, in part, to those starboard ports. No matter, the final  result is the same, and I have to dry out my cabin.  I will start sealing things up and hope I get the culprit-source before the next monster blow.  Muchas gracias mis amigos.

Joe Camp