[Rhodes22-list] More On Poptop "Security"

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 22:26:59 EDT 2012

Peter:

Prevention: I have no idea.  After the nest is found, however:  Spray the hell out of it with the wasp/hornet spray... then get the hell away. because it makes them angry.  I rely on good old WD-40 (the duct tape of liquid lubricants).  Most insect killer is simply an oily base that clogs the spiracles on the bug's abdomen, through which the demons breathe.  That won't hurt your gel coat or pop top.  The WD also pisses off the bugs, so be prepared to vamoose.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Earleville MD