[Rhodes22-list] More On Poptop "Security"

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Wed Jul 11 09:50:44 EDT 2012

Joe--

Thanks for the advice. What I've got (thank goodness) is a couple or a few mud-daubers, which are solitary and don't build whole hives the way paper wasps do. I've been chased for a block or more by swarms of the latter. On the other hand, these ladies--though not aggressive-- are ambitious and leave big chunks of mud like (excuse me) the stools of mid-sized dogs. But the nests crumple and can easily be swept of vacuumed up.

I like the idea of WD 40 since (as you probably know) the "WD" stands for "water dispersal."

I may have a bigger problems due to the lightning damage, which I'll tell the list about later. I woke this A.M. thinking maybe I should haul Aeolia back to Edenton, though I've yet to tow her and can't think of anyone to go with me.