[Rhodes22-list] Leaky chainlocker plug

Dennis McNeely mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Wed Jul 11 09:38:31 EDT 2012

I've been feeding the power cord and the anchor line through a small vent at
the bow - similar to the all white NICR vent at
http://www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manufacturer/boat-cowl-vent-20885.html You
should be able to find one to fit your opening. The vent just 'plugs in' to
the deck opening, so it's relatively easy to simply pull the whole vent to
gain access to the locker. The vent allows the rode to dry out (perhaps
preventing scooge), but can be a pain to work with.

Given the PIA factor, I picked up an 8" deck plate like the one shown at
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Pompanette-Deck-Pl
ate-With-Locking-Center-5-3/16&i=91601&str=Hatch&merchID=4005 to make access
easier.

There are a couple of options; others may follow. Pick your poison ;-)

Dennis

s/v Magic Moments
berthed in Gibraltar, Michigan

-> original snipped for your reading pleasure :)