[Rhodes22-list] Solar panel inquiry

Charles Nieman blue66corvette at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:48:26 EDT 2012

So I left the instrument panel on when I left the boat a few days ago and came back to dead battery!! The penalty for being stupid.

Hooked up a trickle charger to the battery and am now recharged.

The question is, what is the best way to verify if my solar panels are still operational (I think they are original equipment and few things last forever)?

And how much charge would one expect to get from fully operational solar chargers?

The batteries are dated 2008, how many years could one expect these to last? (boat does not have electric motor hoist or electric start on outboard; batteries only power lights, AM/ FM radio, and compass/depth gauge/knot meter).

Thanks in advance

Charles Nieman
98R22
DayDream