[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: water in the bilge

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Fri Jul 27 08:28:10 EDT 2012

Cary,
I saw your boat in the water last night.  Looks good! Congratulations!

Pump all the water out and even sponge out any remaining and see if it comes back.  Did you have any water in it when you launched?  I had some rain water in mine that took a while to works it's way out.

Typical areas to look for with no weather events are around the centerboard cap and around the cockpit drain hose.  Take a look in the laz and see if any water is there or if it's leaking abound the hose. Any other below the waterline through hulls on your boat? Check those too. - rob