[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: water in the bilge

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 20:59:31 EDT 2012

My boat came with a shore power plug in the cabin wall just above the
head.  Nothing electrical hooked up, just there for future stuff I
guess.  Previous owner thought some of the hoses leaked.  Turned out
that in a heavy rain or trailering in the rain, a lot of water found
its way in through that plug.  It was snug to the outside wall but the
cover did not seal well.  I wrapped electrical tape around the
outside, stopping the lid from opening, but also the rain.  No trouble
in two years since.
-PBR