[Rhodes22-list] Fiberglass Failure at Motor Mount in Lazarette

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Jul 30 18:27:45 EDT 2012

Sounds like flexing of the transom under heavy load caused the
delamination.  Stiffening with a better backer board outta fix the
problem after you get it glued back together.

FYI - On my boat there is also a wooden strut (2x2) between the backer
board and the back wall of the cockpit.  Don't know if that's original
or added by P.O.  but looks like it's there to solve the same problem.

--
Cheers!
John Lock