[Rhodes22-list] GPS mounted on stern rail

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:35:49 EDT 2012

A while back I mentioned that I was planning to mount a GPS/depthfinder
unit on a swivel bracket on the stern rail.  With some help from a local
marina I finally got the in-hull transducer mounted in the lazerete, and
decided to run the wires through the transom and up the stern rail to an
attachment point just off the center line next to the stern lamps.  Photos
are attached.  The brackets are RAM brand - I found them at Fisheries
Supply in Seattle (they have mail order as well).  The power and signal
leads come through the transom via a newly installed stainless
scallop-shapaed port that is sealed with silicone - forgot to snap that
picture.  The rest are pretty self-explanatory.  The unit is very easily
viewed from either captain's chair or by mates on the cheap seats.

Now I need to actually go somewhere!  At least she's back in the water,
fully rigged and underway again, even if for short outings only.  Good to
be back in salt water.

Dave