[Rhodes22-list] Pop top slider on IMF mast

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 11:18:06 EDT 2012

Rob,
S C R E W E D. Time to take a do over. Been there, done that.....more than
once.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/1/2012 9:34:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rlowe at vt.edu writes:

Yeah, I  was hoping to avoid that.  But might have to.

Thought about  releasing all stays and shrouds except rears and forward and
seeing if could  tilt mast forward enough to slid it in.  Don't think I can
get enough  angle on it.
Thought about doing above and using a pry bar on the mast step  under the
mast and lifting up the whole thing a couple of inches.
Thought  about enlarging the existing slot big enough to accept the slider.
 Would  do this at the very base of the mast where the structural integrity
would not  be compromised.  At this point the mast is resting on the base.

Any other thoughts?  Or just suck it up and drop the mast? -  rob