[Rhodes22-list] "shrinking" rudder outhaul brake stud

Mike Cheung hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:09:41 EDT 2012

Will bear this idea in mind if the "disappearing stud" becomes a chronic
problem.  I still can't quite figure out why this happened in the first
place.  Overtightening the brake/lock knob should pull on the stud.  It's
only if it manages to turn the stud that could cause the threads to back the
stud into the UHMWPE block.

Oh well, we'll watch it; the fix was easy enough.

-----