[Rhodes22-list] "shrinking" rudder outhaul brake stud

Slim Chance slimsails at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:20:03 EDT 2012

Hi Mike. Sorry, I've been off the list for quite a while and I'm way
behind, but I saw this and thought I'd mention what I did. I simplified the
whole thing by replacing the lock with a little cam cleat just like the one
on the up haul. It doesn't give if you hit something with the rudder under
way -- instead it breaks away. But this is a ten minute fix with a spare on
board. only had to do it once.

Slim