[Rhodes22-list] Oops

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jun 5 09:05:40 EDT 2012

Lee,

So sad to see such a beautiful boat in this condition.  I am glad that
nobody was injured in the collision.  So much for skippers coming to say
"Hi".   Had they seen you?  Were they experienced sailors?  Did they hit you
under full power or had they at least heaved to?  Did you know that the
Sabre 28 ballast is 3100 lbs (7800 lbs displacement)?  Just the inertia
could be dangerous.

If you need a sailing "fix" until yours is back in operation, you may want
to rescue what appears to be a fire sale over on ebay
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rhodes-22-Sailboat-/221037643589?pt=Sailboat
s&hash=item3376dec745) . They are in the last day of bidding and haven't hit
the reserve yet.

I hope that their insurance was paid up.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
s/v <-no name -> ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY