[Rhodes22-list] construction questions

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Sun Jun 10 10:31:25 EDT 2012

I'm hoping to gain some knowledge about how Rhodes are put together.  I
spent Saturday cleaning out my project Rhodes and getting staged to really
get at it.  I have a few questions I'm hoping you all can help me answer.

1)  Is the deck cored?  When I walk on the deck it flexes some.  Is this
natural flexing or... do I have a soft core that I need to fix?

2)  I'd like to replace the foam under the cockpit.  Any tricks for getting
that out without removing the deck?  Has anyone ever removed the deck on
their Rhodes.  I know people do that from time to time but.... it seems
like more work that it is worth.