[Rhodes22-list] Installing furling main

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jun 21 23:01:06 EDT 2012

Hi Dave,

I've got some photos from when we replaced our main. It was a couple
of years ago so I'm not sure I could put together a narrative for it
but we did it with the furling tube on a couple of sawhorses. One
issue we did have with the new main was getting the crisp new cloth
in a tight enough wrap to furl and unfurl easily. As you are
reinstalling  your old main that may not be an issue. In any event
ours worked fine after the initial difficulty.

I'm going to try to attach a couple of photos here. If it works I'll
post a few more. I've had problems posting from my Eudora mail
programin the past but it's now reinstalled on a new computer. If it
doesn't work I'll try again from my web mail.

These are all of the lower furler assembly.

Best
Mary Lou