[Rhodes22-list] older rhodes jib furler

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jun 27 12:23:00 EDT 2012

There was a similar hole on our newer style GB furler. It was used to
secure the furler drum to the mast for raising and lowering. There
was a bracket on the mast and you lined up the holes on the bracket
and the hole on the furler drum and inserted a fastpin. This held the
furler and jib in place against the mast for raising and lowering.
Very handy. Not an option with the Schaeffer SnapFurl furler we now use.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hal, MD