[Rhodes22-list] Other things learned on my last trip.

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 29 14:00:03 EDT 2012

David:  Sounds like a plan.  The core will suck up water and add a lot of weight to the stern.  Most of us who keep our boats in the water pull the rudder up to keep it clean so we generally don't have your problem.  The cracks along your edges is most likely your problem.  A good cleaning, smoothing (filling the voids), epoxy coating, and painting will cure the issue.

Bob in FL  (Currently on the road in western NC - too hot in FL - but of course the whole east coast is hot!)