[Rhodes22-list] Anchor retrieval system

Rod ELLNER ellnerrod at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:00:57 EST 2012

I use a 28 pound "Navy anchor" for my primary anchor and GB's standard anchor. I'm told that a larger float creates more resistance and will ride down the rode better. I could use a lighter anchor, but I like the way this one set itself. The company that makes the one used on the Columbia River needs about 12 kts to slide the float up the rode.
I like the idea of the jug and glow sticks.
Thanks,
Rod

Sent from my iPhone