[Rhodes22-list] Ahoy! (boat talk, right?)

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Mar 8 15:03:00 EST 2012

Joe,

As for my compass and depth/fishfinder locations:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33467531/At%2BEase%2Bin%2BMarch%2B010.jpg
At+Ease+in+March+010.jpg

I wanted both with large enough displays that I could easily read them from
the helm.  My compass is lit at night, which doesn't seem like a big deal
until you sail in the dark for the first time.  Stan installed both in the
perfect positions.  While lounging the top half of the bulkhead is slanted
so your back doesn't touch the instruments.

As for the antifreeze, the lowest point in the lazarette is next to the
cockpit drain hose.  Water will find its way into the lazarette; through the
belt slot for the motor lift if nowhere else, and it will settle at the
lowest point and freeze if it's cold enough.  During a windy downpour I may
not get water in the bilge but will likely have it in the lazarette.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD

My boat will be on the hard in colder months, so the liquid antifreeze does
not seem to be the path for me. (hey, a rhyme!)  Since it will not be in the
water (right?) The lazarette, next to the cockpit drain is where I had
figured on putting it.  Since, at the stern, the hull slopes out of the
water.  Through hull is my plan: No unnecessary holes in the boat, please.

Now, how about the reading instrument itself?  I want to put it in the
bulkhead beside the companionway. Port side? Starboard? High?  Low? What do
you people like best?  More appropriately, what seems to work best?

Joe

(antifreeze) filled void Would make it easier to replace, as long as hard
sailing didnt pour it out and it is otherwise firmly attached.

to http://www.rhodes22.org/list