[Rhodes22-list] Launched Ozone Ouch!

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:44:37 EDT 2012

1) One more thing to add. You said "Slow".  You must have some speed
to manuever a sailboat and have it turn on that dime.  Water has to be
flowing past the rudder.  (I heard this in class but didn't learn it
'til later when I tried docking too slow).  You may need to come into
the slip with little more speed than you would like.  Have a helper
ready to jump over and get a line around a cleat to stop you...
2) Or hit the motor into reverse when you need to slow/stop.  All of
our lifts and motors are a little different but maybe you can raise
the motor substantially and get the handle clear but still have enough
prop in the water for docking (and in for the impeller to pick up
cooling water).
3) Be ready to toss an anchor if you are drifting to rocks, although
in this case you probably didn't have the time or distance to set it.

Practice....

-PR