[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Flushing

David Craft chsyhkr at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:43:56 EDT 2012

Mary Lou and others,

You can flush the Tohatsu Sailpro in the water if you can kick the prop up
enough.  The single intake is above the prop and on the bottom of the
gearbox (?) above the prop.  Muffs work when there is an intake(s) on the
side.  With this motor, remove the bolt on the bottom of the motor casing,
screw in the hose connection,  tape over the intake, turn on the water,
start the motor and flush.

It seems to work pretty well.

I had to order the flushing attachment separately as it did not come with
the motor.  It may now?  I would also order a few extra bolts in case you
drop one.  You cannot find them at that short length, or buy longer and

Good motor and right size.......

--
Regards,

David B. Craft