[Rhodes22-list] Water Tank - Thanks for the responses

Jay Curry jac2 at wavecable.com
Sat Nov 10 13:43:04 EST 2012

Thanks for the responses on the water tank. What Rummy mentioned was the way
I handled the water in my larger boat. I kept the tank water clean via
bleaching each season and carried drinking water.  It always seemed such a
waste of a 20 gallon tank. What Mary Lou described is exactly what I had in
mind. Nice to know someone else uses the tank that way. My boat will be kept
on the trailer and my use will be strictly day/weekend sailing and
occasional excursions of a week or two. There is no reason I can't use the
water tank for drinking under those circumstances. I just want to be able to
clean it easily beyond the bleach routine. I found that the 10 x 14 x 24
tank is a standard size and available from various vendors with any fitting
arrangement I need, or just a blank tank. I will be buying one soon. Thanks
again for the responses.

Jay Curry
Port Angeles, WA