[Rhodes22-list] Ballast report : picts of 2nd reef position in 8-12 mph winds (with gusts in the mid teens)

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Tue Oct 23 17:49:06 EDT 2012

Hi Rick.

 Sorry taking so long to get back to you but boat pulling weekend is always
hectic. For the last 2 seasons I've been sailing at Moraine State Park ~ 1
Hr. north of Pittsburgh. I refer to it as "lake dinky" There is only about 3
mi of sail-able water before you run out of lake  and you need the wind to
cooperate to go that far in a straight line. There is a Flying Scot sailboat
club that do the barrels every weekend but I get the impression they would
not like company. I started a new job at the end of June so vacation time
won't be available for me until the fall. But I will let you know. One
Possible neutral sight might be Pymatuning State Park on the PA OH boarder.
Jerry the owner of Sail Care once told me he is a member of the YC in
Jamestown on the south end of the lake. Having bought 2 sails from him and
getting the main converted to full battens. He might be able to get us some
dock space for a week end.

John S