[Rhodes22-list] Ballast report : picts of 2nd reef position in 8-12 mph winds (with gusts in the mid teens)

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Mon Oct 22 13:20:07 EDT 2012

John,
I've got the IMF so I'll skip on the furling main, but I've considered the idea of adding additional weight forward.  When coming about or in a stiff breeze, the bow tends to wander quite a bit and I wondered if the boat would handle better if the bow was down further in the water.  Especially since I've got the 9.9hp hanging off the stern.  I've got some lead bricks at home and might try putting them in the "hallway" next season.- rob