[Rhodes22-list] N.E Rhodies/Sandy info

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Oct 29 08:54:28 EDT 2012

Hi Rummy. Thanks for your good wishes. We're in pretty good shape now.

Everything battened down. Boat and travel trailer out from under the
trees. Batteries charged and travel trailer water tank full.

We have a generator and MIFI Internet service so as long as the cell
tower is functioning and not overloaded we may have Internet access.

Current conditions:
Heavy rain - a couple of inches so far.
Wind at Tolchester Beach (near us on the Ches. Bay) 24 gusting to 31
Wind at Francis Scott Key Bridge (near Baltimore other side of the
Bay)  20 gusting to 22

I posted some links for storm watchers to the Trailer Sailor Bulletin Board
http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/trailersailor/index.cgi/read/848512

They are predicting 40 to 60 mph sustained and gusts to 75 here.
That's an increase over what they were forecast last night.

We are fairly certain power will be out and it could be out for days.

6-8" of rain though we shouldn't have much trouble with that. More
worried about the wind.

Stay safe everyone
Mary Lou