[Rhodes22-list] Prop swap

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Mon Oct 29 15:59:35 EDT 2012

Elle's post made me remember.  I've got the Yamaha 9.9 high thrust with (what I expect) is the original prop.  I find it has too much thrust.  At lowest idling speed I have more speed than I would like.  Anyone else have this issue?  I'd like to swap out for a prop with less thrust.  Top speed is not an issue for me, control is. - rob

Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Advice

Ron,

I have a tight entry into my dock--three tight turns to be able to slide thru the pilings....I finally swapped the original prop on my 9.8 Tohatsu for a high thrust one...made all the difference in the world..Bites immediately when I give it power in forward or reverse....wasn't an expensive fix...did sacrifice a bit of motoring speed for the convenience...but worth it.

elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06
"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}