[Rhodes22-list] Hardware for sheeting jib inside shrouds

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 20:49:36 EDT 2012

Patrick:

     My boat os a recycled '87.  Atop the cabin on each side, just outboard of the pop top, I have an eye forward which leads to a cam cleat aft, right at the edge of the cabin top. But I have never used them. If I sheet inside the shrouds, I have a roller on a track that runs the genny between the upper and lower shrouds; I use that.  Really, I don't think I'd want to deal with the genny in as close as the lower shrouds.  Maybe I will try it though, and see the results.  I can't figure how to attach a photo, or I'd send you one.  Do you know how?

     In amy event, I am still on the hard from damage in that mini tornado that caught me on August 3. The mast was totaled, and Stan is in the process of shipping a new one from NC to MD. I hope to finish out the season on the water.  Oh, to be a sailor.  The insurance carrier has been very agreeable, to the tune of $9,500 between repairs and personal property.  So, the costs are no worry.  Oh to be an insured sailor.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River MD