[Rhodes22-list] Hardware for sheeting jib inside shrouds

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Sep 6 22:27:59 EDT 2012

Hi Joe & Patrick,
Attached is a photo (I hope - look below) of the set-up on Fretless
(1991, recycled 1998).

You can see the eye forward with the cam cleat aft on the cabin top.
This allows sheeting inside the stays. We have used it when really
reefed down but it would be a problem to change to this sheeting
arrangement if conditions are deteriorating.

You can also see the track on the deck next to the cabin with a
moveable padeye that allows us to sheet the genoa inside the shrouds.
We are able to change to this sheeting underway by tacking then
rerigging the lazy sheet (with the aid of a boathook from the
cockpit). it's doable and does help you to point higher with the
genoa reefed but mostly we try not to sail in weather that requires
reducing sail that much.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless