[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Position

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Tue Sep 11 22:55:23 EDT 2012

Jay,
	I think if you run a double line from the bow ring to the main
trailer beam and back up a couple of times and tighten it down you will
eliminate any of the hobby-horsing that occasionally happens.  You do not
want the bow roller on the winch to actually contact the boat.  You could
support the keel but you might be just transferring some of the flex on the
sides of the hull to that of the bottom.  I think anything more than say 500
pounds on the keel would be over kill.  Good luck, hope to see you next
summer.

Chris G