[Rhodes22-list] Dinghy Selection

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:05:16 EDT 2012

Just to champion my tow behind. I use a watertender 9.4 hard dinghy. Very stable, rows well, has two rowing positions, motors and has flotation foam. You can literally sit on the gunwhale and the boat heels to 45 degrees and stops.  Takes a big bounce to get to roll on over.  Carries three people plus gear out to my mooring with confidence and ease.  Tows behind the boat unnoticably.
Once for fun i grabbed an empty plastic coffee can, rowed out and flipped it over (that was the hard part).
Then swimming i used the painter to tie     A loop between the oarlocks on one side with enough of a loop to reach from in the water over the hull.  I then pulled on the line and righted the boat.
She righted with about 4" of water in the bottom that was easily bailed out then i rowed back to shore.
I was very impressed with my $100 yard sale dinghy that day.