[Rhodes22-list] Hake introduces IMF

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Wed Sep 26 01:23:47 EDT 2012

I can't remember if I passed this on to the list or not. If so, forgive me.

Some Rhodies may recall that I was sorely tempted by Hake Yachts' Seaward 26RK. It really came down to a choice between the 26RK and the R22. The list was generous with advise and both the advice and that generosity sold me on the Rhodes. At one time Stan sold the 26RK or one of its predecessors, and there was a rumor he'd fitted one with the IMF. I talked to both Stan and Nick Hake ("Nick"--I think that's right) about it and both said it never happened. When I'd made my choice of boats I told Hake that the IMF was a major part of the decision.

I'd like to think mine was one of the voices that persuaded Hake to offer an IMF option--but on their 32RK, not the 26--or not yet! I got an announcement earlier this year.

I guess they're still trying to sell me a Seaward.