[Rhodes22-list] Bow Chocks

Jim Connolly JBConnolly at comcast.net
Tue Apr 9 13:20:05 EDT 2013

If I recall correctly, Don Casey recommends using a countersink bit to widen the screw hole at the top. The stated purpose is to make room for a washer-like tapered ring of sealant around the screw for better adhesion and more flexibility to improve long-term seal around the screw.  The deck fitting is not itself countersunk, but sits on the surface.

Jim Connolly
 s/v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03