[Rhodes22-list] Clanging Mast

Ric Stott ric at steelbone.com
Fri Aug 16 16:55:20 EDT 2013

Stan
We have discussed my sloppy and squeaky tiller/rudder and you have
explained the plastic cheek blocks, recessed into the tiller as a cure.
since my tiller and the extension are in decline -
A few questions:
Will a new tiller (in the color of my choice) cure the sloppy, squeaky
issue?
Does the new tiller come with an extension?
I see from photos that the tiller extension end, locks into  recessed
fittings on the port and starboard coamings of the cockpit.
I have a small stirrup shaped lock kind of thing mounted to each side
of the stern pulpit.
If I can't use those any more how much would it cost for the upgraded
parts.
Has there been changes to the rudder (1984) that would preclude me
from using a new fiberglass tiller?
Am I certificate folk?
Thank you in advance
Ric Stott