[Rhodes22-list] Tacking the 150 Genny

Cover-Man cover-man at comcast.net
Sun Aug 18 08:29:31 EDT 2013

Steve,

The 150 should be an excellent size genny for our boat,  mine being a 175, although many of our skippers have noticed some sail hangups in light air.  You might try holding the leeward  sheet a little longer thru the tack, almost until it backwinds, then release it so it can 'burst over' to the opposite side of the mast.  I concur with you that roller reefing on each tack would be tedious.

Art

Have a nice day!