[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard replacement.

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Sat Dec 14 13:33:40 EST 2013

James,

 When I rebuilt my centerboard trunk I cut the top off the trunk with a
sawzall. Then I could remove the board from the inside with the boat still
on the trailer. Make the cut at a 45* angle so it can be epoxied back
together more easily. I cut the top in 3 sections: the long low portion, the
slope and the the small part at the top where the block assembly was placed.
after assembly I put a sheet of fiberglass over the whole thing for
strength. Over the last 5 yrs. this has worked. I have a minimal seepage
problem approx 1/2 gal over a weekend. When no one is in the boat during the
week the reduction in weight aboard stops the leak and when you arrive on a
Friday the bilge is dry.

Best

John S