[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard replacement.

Art Czerwonky cover-man at comcast.net
Fri Dec 13 12:18:01 EST 2013

James,

I applaud your courage and intuition, as the rework project is no easy task, even for the well experienced.

Re the centerboard, you probably know that Stan did a redesign of the centerboard with a metal blade construction.  While there will always be conjecture about whether it improved performance, there is no question that the new approach worked well with the same R22 hull.  So, who is to say that your own unique CB would not work well.  You can discover any of your dimensions from the boat CB trunk, as you would want the pulley array to have clearance for raising or lowering the CB easily.

One valuable capability of our fleet sailors is the ability to be helpful and creative with R22 systems, and everyone is interested in being helpful to the other fleet members.

R,

Art Czerwonky
s/v MaryJane
Atlanta/St Pete