[Rhodes22-list] Hull strengthening

James Nichols jfn302 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 14:30:04 EST 2013

If your foam is like my foam, then it isn't attached.

I cut out the forward v-berth and in the three compartments underneath there was simply blocks of Styrofoam stuffed in there.  Beings that it was about 10 degrees out when I did it, and the boat had been flooded for a while before I got it, some of my Styrofoam blocks weighed in over 10 lbs a piece.

The first picture is with the V-berth cut out and only one of the bulkheads still in place.  The plastic bag to the right is full of the old Styrofoam. (the white on the right side of the bag is glare from the sun coming in through a porthole.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yewcdevyuhv83z8/2013-12-10%2013.47.30.jpg

The second picture shows the interior cleaned out.  I have not removed the "backrest" portion of the interior liner.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/26sbk9sknk3xzrx/2013-12-10%2020.07.58.jpg

Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8