[Rhodes22-list] Yet another cockpit drain question

Lucky Dip gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Fri Feb 1 12:40:55 EST 2013

The seat drains on my 74 were very small with the deck and hull through hulls
joined by garden hose. Of course they plunged up almost immediately with
leaves etc especially when the boat was on the trailer near trees.

I installed 1.5 " through hulls in both the seat and transom and that ended
the problem of plugging. However I found that the trough hull in the seat
with its raised edge was the perfect place for dirt to collect. I solved
that problem be using flush to through hulls and embedded them in epoxy
paste to make them flush with the holes. To make that work I covered the
fixture with a plastic sandwich bag and pushed it into the epoxy mixture to
get  the proper fit. One the epoxy went off I removed the fixture to sand
and finish the area surrounding it. I now have what have should have been
there in the fist place - a smooth flush drain that does not clog.