[Rhodes22-list] Redesigned Traveler

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 1 22:05:24 EDT 2013

John:
I just realized that you had already posted pictures and a description
regarding the traveller. Sorry for the unnecessary request.
What an elegant adaptation to address an annoying problem. Nicely done!

I have a few questions about your traveller that I would appreciate hearing
back about.
1 - What is the optimum placement of the traveller along the backstays and
what is the resulting length of the traveller?
2- What are the arrangements that you have made for the traveller lines? I
cannot see them in the photos.
3 - Do you worry about the station ends popping off if they are held only by
set screws? Do you have any concerns that the tension of the stays and
resistant to spreading might not be sufficient to rely on the setscrews
alone?
4 - Was the hole in the station end sufficiently large for the backstay to
pass through, presumably with the turnbuckle barrel removed, or did you have
to get the backstays cut and reattached to the turnbuckle after passing
through the station tip?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Graham