[Rhodes22-list] Trouble on "Ranch Tohatsu"

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 13:05:03 EDT 2013

Hey Y'all:

     Those debating the woes of the Tohatsu 6 Sailpro: Here's a bit of wisdom that may clear up the problems. Apparently, this motor misbehaves if there is even a smidgen too much oil in the crankcase. It sets up bad pressure vibe thing which effect the carb's performance.  I am currently in an exercise to get mine to idle properly.  After reading of this issue, I remembered NOT being too exact when filling the oil this spring.  Friday, I will be giving the OB a good inspection for oil level.  I have already taken off the carb and soaked it.  Friday will possibly be a watershed (or oilshed) moment.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River MD