[Rhodes22-list] auto pilot

redneckyc steverayj at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 13 16:48:33 EDT 2013

What I do when solo is loosely lash the tiller so it sort of stays in place,
get some way going and put in neutral. Davis Tiller tamer also works well
for holding the tiller for a time. On a previous boat I used a tiller unit
as you describe and it worked fine. These days I do not like having the boat
making way on 'auto pilot' while I am putting up or taking down the main. If
I fell overboard I would not want the boat going on its merry way. But I do
not have IMF so I need to leave the cockpit.

-----
Fair winds and following seas .....  Steve