[Rhodes22-list] UPS

Mike C hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 08:32:48 EDT 2013

I had Doyle make me a cruising spinnaker which is virtually the same type of
sail as the UPS.  I simply use the deck cleat as my attachment point and
just tie off the tack with a short bit of line.  I use the spare pulley
that's already at the top of the Rhodes 22 mast with a spare halyard I keep
running through it all the time to attach to the head of the sail.  And then
I simply have about 1.5 boat lengths of sheet tied of to the clew and walk
that back to the aft cleat or possibly the winch on the side I want the
sail.  This does mean that any adjustments to the head or tack require crew
to go forward, but I only use the sail in lighter air conditions.  I will
say that in lighter air conditions it is great to have and is easier to
manage than a partially filled, half collapsed genoa.

-----
Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann