[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Stuck

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jul 30 11:03:53 EDT 2013

My centerboard goes up and down but based on how much of the pendant gets
pulled down the hole, I assume the centerboard doesn't quite go down all the
way anymore.  This happened after a year's worth of repairs with the boat
dry-docked most of the time and having the bottom painted.  I'm hoping that
forcing the board down will dislodge whatever is keeping it from its full
extension.

Can anyone think of an easy method for forcing the board all the way down
while the boat is in the water?  At the right tide I could dive underneath
and do it by hand but I really don't want to.  I could probably grab a kid
at the pool with a snorkle and get them to do it.  I'd tie a rope around
their ankle for safety but would probably need to get their parents'
permission.  What about slowly motoring backwards in shallow water?  Too
risky?

Thanks!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE