[Rhodes22-list] (Joe's Centerboard Woes)

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jul 30 18:37:32 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,
If it was working and isn't now and if you haven't used the boat
much, I would suspect crud (the polite term is marine growth) of some
sort in the slot or on the bottom of the boat in general I don't know
what you get for growth in the Bohemia but further south, I've heard
reports that it is really bad this year.

We've had issues many years where we haven't used the boat much where
the centerboard won't go down all the way by the end f the season.
We've usually been able to clear it by taking the boat out on a
breezey lumpy day and doing lots of tacks. With two people on board,
one can sail and the other can repeatedly raise and lower the board.
For us, it's eventually always gone down if the issue is marine growth.

Best wishes,
Mary Lou