[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard top glassed in?

Graham gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 7 11:59:01 EDT 2013

Getting my cap off was so difficult that I broke the cap and the surfaces
were damaged. I built up the cap and made matching surfaces of aluminum that
were bonded to the cap and centreboard housing. Later I removed the aluminum
from the cap side as I was not happy with the bond and decided that having
used the aluminum as the base the join surface of the cap was now perfectly
smooth and with the additional reinforcement on the cap it was unnecessary.
I then used a neoprene gasket that I made from a sheet and affixed it to the
base with gasket sealer and then used silicone between the gasket and the
cap. I was able to remove the cap with less difficulty than I expected but
will try a dry install with neoprene next time.

Graham Stewart

gstewart8 at cogeco.ca

613 389-1737