[Rhodes22-list] Gasket material

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 12:02:30 EDT 2013

The gasket is one piece. The two flanges need to be smooth and flat to
receive the gasket and not leak. Just because you found your boat had something
 done by a previous owner, does not mean that it is the accepted and tried
and  true method to repair something. Owners have a history of doing bad
things to  their boats. Asking questions of this list will get most of your
questions  answered with the correct method and materials to use. I've been
hanging around  for twenty years and my rum soaked brain has absorbed a lot of
information. Of  course a lot has also escaped. :)
This list is important for the continued use and satisfaction of Rhodes
owners.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/7/2013 11:26:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,