[Rhodes22-list] 175% roller furling genoa

thewill311 willhutson311 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 17:56:18 EDT 2013

So I talked to the owner of the rigging company that's going to replace
head/forestay and he was telling me that the reason my rigging broke is
because 175% genoa was to much for my rigging to handle and that the roller
furling was a Stone Age technology and I should chuck it over board. He is
the third rigger that has told me this since I have been calling about
fixing my boat. I'm pretty new to sailing so I'm not sure what to tell these
guys when they put down the original set up on my boat. Every part on my
boats rigging mast and sails are original to the 1987 Rhodes 22. Should I go
with different set up for the genoa?