[Rhodes22-list] How to lock rudder pintles?

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 17 15:41:40 EDT 2013

Steve:
I assume that if it the rudder pintle can come free just from being tossed
by 18" waves while anchored, it could come free when underway in heavy
weather. That is generally not the best time to lose your rudder. I am also
not sure that I would want a hold down mechanism, such as a hose clamp, that
would give way under any circumstance. Hitting an underwater object will
make the rudder kick up, which is good, but it is hard to imagine how you
would be better off with no rudder than with a damaged one.

Graham